As used herein, the terms "we," "us," "our, or "Overpass" mean Overpass LLC and our affiliates. The terms "Users", "you", "your" mean the Freelancer and Client as defined and used in our Terms and Conditions.
1. The Types of Information That May Be Collected By Overpass
Overpass may collect information that can be used to identify you (“Identifying Personal Information”), such as your name and contact information (email address, physical address, landline/mobile phone number). We also may collect Device-Specific Information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number. We may associate your Device-Specific Information or phone number with your User Account. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Platform, we may also ask for other information relevant to your use of the Platform.
When you register with Overpass, create a User Profile and User Account, Overpass collects the following information about you: name and contact information (email address, business phone number, home phone number, cell phone number, residence address(es), financial information relating to your Payment Method (such as bank account number(s), credit card information, PayPal Account, ACH authorization, or the like); education, skills and work history. Overpass may also ask for examples of your work product. Your User Profile is updated to include updated information and additional information on work previously performed by you via the Overpass Platform (and possibly outside the Overpass Platform); hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information and other relevant information. Clients may also have the opportunity to create a Company Profile.
We collect credit card and/or bank account information and/or additional payment information from you. However, to protect your privacy we do not store any of this payment information or process any of your payments on our own servers. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor (which is subject to change at our sole discretion). The third-party payment processor, may provide us with unique authentication tokens with which we must use to make payment requests and may also provide us with information such as your name, banking information, PayPal Account information, credit card type, expiration date, and the last four digits of your credit card number. This information is used only for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Platform, enrolling you in programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit and use our Platform:
- Details of how you used the Platform, such as your search queries.
- Telephone log information, such as your phone number, calling-party number,
forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track Users’ movements around our Platform and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our Platform and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our Platform and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
- We use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze certain User information and behavior. This information may include demographic and interest information, such as age, gender and users interests. We use this information for internal business purposes on an aggregated, anonymous basis. To opt-out of Google Analytics data collection, you can visit the following website and follow the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- We may also collect certain information, such as the URL of the last web page you viewed before coming to our Website, your preferences and settings (e.g., time zone), the ads you clicked on or viewed on our Website or Platform (if any), how long you stayed on our Website or Platform and what services and features you used.
- When you use the Overpass Website and Platform, Overpass collects information based on your activities on the Website and Platform, such as: Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, Projects worked on/Clients worked for, and content you generate or that relates to your account), billing and other information you provide; (i) Project bidding; (ii) Projects worked on; (iii) content you generate or that relates to your User Account; (iv) billing and other information you provide; (v) personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social media applications, services or websites; (vi) additional personal information we may ask you to submit to verify your identity for security purposes; (vii) information from your interaction with our Website, Platform, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; (viii) non-personal information provided by third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your
- We also collect information about Independent Contractors' work for Clients. This
includes information automatically gathered about an Independent Contractor's work, such as number of inbound/outbound calls, length of calls, audio (and/or video) recordings of inbound/outbound calls, outcome of calls, interval between calls, downtime, keyboard strokes, mouse clicks, and periodic screenshots or video/snapshots of the Independent Contractor.
Some of the information collected may be aggregated. For instance, we may combine non-personal information with non-identifying personal information or identifying personal information. In such instances, we categorize the aggregated information as personal information if it contains sufficient identifying personal information to readily enable your identity or location to be determined.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you are under 18, you may use the Platform only with the direct involvement and through the Account of a parent or guardian.
2. How Overpass May Use The Collected Information
Overpass shares information regarding Independent Contractors' status with current and past Clients of that Independent Contractor. Overpass also shares information regarding Independent Contractors' work with the relevant Client(s). The information shared includes information in status logs and work history, with Clients.
If you choose to apply for work as an Independent Contractor via Overpass, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your User Profile.
We use Identifying Personal Information and other data collected through the Platform to register you with Overpass, and may use such information to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. We may also from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our Services.
We also may use information to:
- Improve and customize our services;
- Send newsletters to our users and make special offers;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for services or products you order via our Platform;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our Platform;
- Facilitate use of our Platform;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our Platform, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Platform;
and Enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Furthermore, we may make your User Profile visible to all Overpass Users and the general public. You may edit certain information in your User Profile and we may enable you to choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your User Profile and to limit viewing of your User Profile only by Overpass Users.
If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at: legal email@example.com
3. With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Businesses in connection with your direct customer service inquiries and/or requests;
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our Platform or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as reporting suspected criminal activity, complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, anonymous information in any of the above situations and also with service providers, advertisers and others for our own marketing purposes and for purposes of improving the manner in which, and to whom, we offer our services.
4. Your Choices
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that will result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our Platform;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our Platform may not function properly or at all;
To review and update your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com requesting to review your personal information or, if you have an account on our Platform, by logging into that account.
- You may opt-out of any Google Analytics-related collection by visiting the following App and following the opt-out procedures: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We strive to protect your information and take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. Our security practices may include, at our discretion: encryption using SSL; two-step verification for Account access; and review of information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
6. Third-Party Links
8. Linked information
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Platform. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our Platform, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of Apps and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our Platform to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Platform, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our App may not function properly.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have viewed certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our Website from an advertisement displayed on a third-party website or application.
9. Notice for California Users